Cabinets are used for many purposes and easily found in many rooms in your house: in the kitchen for cutlery or groceries, in the living room for displays, in bedroom for clothes, in the bathroom for toiletries, and many others.
Mostly, cabinets are made from wood. As they are getting well-worn, they sometime appear dark for the room. Wish you could do something about your dated and dingy wooden cabinets? A wooden cabinet refresh is a job that can totally transform your space. Make the most of your existing cabinets and find inspiration in our next 10 DIY before and after cabinet makeover projects!
10. Well-Worn Cabinet to a Refreshing Look This mini cabinet looked pretty with its old-fashioned style. But when it has been painted and refaced, it has become a chic cabinet that can steal anyone’s focus. First, cut out all of the door inserts and sand the entire pieces. Build a base at the bottom of the cabinet to install the legs.
You can use this fence post toppers model. Install the new knobs. Instead of using glass for the new doors, why don’t you try this chicken wire? After replacing the doors, it’s time to stain and paint the wooden cabinet.
9. Restain your kitchen Cabinet Restaining your kitchen cabinets is one of the most transformative things you can do to your kitchen without a gut renovation.
It means the idea of changing and updating, darker stain color for modern and updated look, and lighter color for natural and lovely look. Consider these things before you restain your wooden cabinets. One, notice the style of the cabinet. Transition to modern style will be easily adapted to shaker style, but it will not be so easy for the cathedral/arched style because the origin look itself is traditional. Two, think of your available time and energy before you decide to go lighter or darker.
Restaining the cabinet a lighter color than they currently are needs a lot work, and darker color restaining is easier. Three, stay away from the yellow and red tones, because they look fancy and awesome if you still live in 80s. Four, painting the cabinet is good for resale if your target market is younger and more modern crowd.
8. Classic to Shaker Bathroom Vanity idea Bathroom vanity is what you see every single day when you do your business.
Looking at the same vanity for years can be mundane. Therefore, you need to give a new look to your bathroom vanity. You don’t have to splurge on a new one, though. Painting and replacing the doors would be enough. You can start with removing the door and any existing hardware.
Wipe down the vanity and doors with rubbing alcohol and apply the primer. Lightly sand with grit paper and wipe it down with a damp cloth. Then, paint the second coat of primer, let dry, and sand again. This process will make the vanity extra smooth and it is ready to be painted. Next, change the door style into a modern recessed style by covering them with a thick wood board.
Measure your planks and cut them to size. Sand the cut edges, and nail the wood planks to your doors. Then, use spray paint for smooth and even finish, and do a bunch of layers. Place the doors and attach your new hardware and knobs.
7. Refacing your Kitchen Cabinet with Beadboard Accent Cabinet refacing is a cost-effective solution for your kitchen cabinet improvement. It gives your kitchen a whole-new look by replacing cabinet doors and drawer fronts, and veneering the exterior of the cabinet boxes. Your kitchen layout will stay the same, and your cabinets will just stay in place. The cabinet doors used in this project are white shaker style with a beadboard accent. Since, the doors are white, you have to paint the cabinets all white.
Before you start, remove all the appliances from the kitchen. Then, attach the new doors and hardware. Trim and caulk until everything look beautiful and finish.
6. Old Look to Elegant Gray Kitchen Cabinet Makeover The kitchen cabinet in the before photo is old and pathetic because it was built in the 80s and have never been renovated since then.
If you have the same case, you can try this makeover project. It’s amazing what paint can do. Paint the cabinet with the elegant gray color. Then, change the cabinet door style from raised panel into shaker cabinet doors. Last, change the cabinet countertop with this medium brown butcher block.
5. A Crafty Kitchen Cabinet Makeover project idea Take a cue from this crafty kitchen storage cabinet makeover and apply it to yours. You just need to be creative with paint and draw simple kitchen utensil for an additional cute factor. First, wipe the cabinet with damp cloth to remove any dust, rust or dirt and sand the whole cabinet with grit sandpaper. Tape off the handle and top wood part with painter tape to prevent overspray.
Second, apply the primer and paint the cabinet with blue ocean breeze paint. Third, to make the stripes, tape off the areas you don’t want gold paint to be sprayed and then spray metallic gold paint. Fourth, once it is dry, tape off the rest of areas leaving the Utensils area and spray black. Last, remove all the tape and admire your beautiful work.
4. A DIY Napoleonic Blue Bathroom vanity makeover idea Makeover your bathroom vanity with this low budget project. What you need are blue chalk paint and dark wax, plywood for cabinet liners, and chrome knobs. First, sand the cabinet and clean the vanities inside and out with soapy water. Let it dry and start paint it with the blue chalk paint. After a few coats of chalk paint, use one coat dark wax for rich antique color.
Last, install the chrome cabinet knobs. It’s like the vanities have new sparkly jewelry.
3. Reface your Kitchen Cabinets with Wood Veneer A Kitchen’s Cabinet refacing will always be everyone’s favorite because it’s DIY-friendly where you can save thousands of dollars. For this kitchen cabinet makeover project, you have to cover the cabinet face frame with self-sticking wood veneer and the end panels with plywood.
Then replace the old doors and drawer fronts with new ones. You’ll need special tools for working with veneer. To cut strips of veneer, use laminate slitter. It’s the perfect tool for this project. To apply adequate pressure for a good bond, use veneer scraper tool.
Here’s how to reface cabinets; start by removing the doors and drawers and cover the front edges of the cabinets with peel-and-stick wood veneer. Then, hang the new doors with easy-to-adjust, easy-to-install cup hinges. Next, attach new drawer fronts to your existing drawers. Finish up by replacing the trims and installing new hardware.
2.Update your kitchen Hardware Upgrade your kitchen cabinet simply by painting and updating the hardware. You’ll love the two-tone look of white cabinets on top and gray below. First step, remove the cabinet doors and drawers from the frames, then remove the hardware. Tape off your cabinet frames to prevent paint excess. Next, degloss your cabinet to save your time because you will no longer need to sand or strip the cabinet.
Apply the gray bond coat, then, white bond coat. When the cabinets are dry, you can get started on applying the top coat. Replace the cabinet doors. Finally, install the new drawer pulls and knobs. Before we get to number 1, I suggest you press subscribe button if this channel is new to you.
Get new updates automatically every time I upload new videos. And let’s find out the last idea sitting honor top chart.
Lastly, 1. Remove your Cabinet Doors for a New Look Another great tip to give your kitchen cabinet a new look is by removing some doors to expose what are stored inside. By doing this, you’ll create a door-less custom look.
You can display your luxurious ceramic plates and cups in the opened cabinet. Wooden cabinet is all the time furniture that will suit any room interior design, but over time of using, it often looks old and worn-out. This condition makes your room dark and gloom. By applying one of these DIY makeover projects, I’m positive you can get a new look of modern and bright cabinets. That;s it for now.
Before you leave, like this video if you truly enjoy it, comment it, or share it with anyone close to you in your social media account, or email this. Browse and follow simphome website for more home decor and makeover ideas. Lastly, see you again later with more videos like this in the near future. And until that time, thanks for watching.